December 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - What is that supposed to mean?



Todays Thursday Thirteen is featuring 13 license plates I have seen around these parts in the last week and what I think they mean...
You know what I am talking about- those "personalized" ones. UGH, right? Actually, I have always thought they are pretty cool and even told my husband that I would like one for my car that says "PEZLADY". But, instead...we have the BYU plates and they can not be personalized. My problem with these license plates is that sometimes the message or whatever on them is only understandable to the person driving the car. How fair is that? Can't the rest of us be in on your little joke too? Here are my 13 examples:

1. RUCOMFY - this one I actually get. My neighbor does furnaces and air conditioning and this is on his work truck.
2. NDR2END - HUH??? I have tried everyway I can possibly think to figure this out and I must just be too stupid.
3. DR DNA - This car is always at the school to pick a kindergartener at the same time that I am. Is the person that drives it (or the spouse) a Doctor that studies DNA? You got me!
4. MUGLMOM - my only guess is that this person is a fan of Harry Potter and simply interested in stating that she is not a wizard.
5. REBAFAN - I pass this little truck every day on the way to school. My guess: Someone is a BIG fan of Reba McEntire. I am too, but I am not sure that I would put it on my license plate.
6. RU L8 2 - This is one of my faves...And I am!!!
7. BIG HAIR - this belongs to a person on my BFF's PTA committee. She has big hair, so there you go.
8. IZMINE - this was on a sassy little sports car. I guess they don't want you thinking you can borrow it.
9. MAUIGRL - I think she likes Hawaii. Probably wishes she were there right now since it is so stinkin' cold!
10. SECRET - Well, your license plate sure isn't! The secret's out just in case you didn't know.
11. OLEEE 1 - Once again, I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. I kinda wish I did.
12. FLYNAVY - Supporting your armed troops is my only guess for this one.
13. U II - I think this one is a play on words (aren't they all?). Trying to say that they are University of Utah or "U" fans and "II" for too. I think

Kinda fun, huh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this was so fun okay here are my guesses, maybe the U II means they are a fan of BONO I know I am HOTTTIEEE!! Also I just remembered another one when I lived in VA there was a lady in the neighborhood who was recently divorced from a man that wanted to go back to preschool, meaning he was now married to someone that was recently there anyway, the woman had a JAG and the lisense plate said ready..........
WAS HIS this is my all time favorite. Love to YOu

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

One of the teachers at my kids' school has AMOROUS on the license plate and they always park in full view of the drop-off/pick-up line. I'm just waiting for one of the kids to ask what it means.

Laura said...

Love it!!!

Unknown said...

I'm really lousy at figuring out license plates like that, always have been.

Don't forget to R.S.V.P. about our Blogger Babe luncheon on the tenth of January. Details on my blog, right-hand column! We really want to see you there. Hope you can make it.

Karlene said...

Hi there. Just wanted to extend a special invite to all the Blogging Babes to participate in my Winter Reading Challenge. I'm hosting it over on my Inksplasher blog. It starts Dec. 22nd. Details on my blog.

whit said...

I think that one is Endure to the End - you are definately in Utah county with that and I agree with Extreme - I think that it is U2. Funny list.