April 26, 2009

That stupid recorder

I have officially decided that the recorder is the worst instrument invented and the person who invented it should be shot! I am not kidding. I am so annoyed by the sound it makes. I know this feeling is largely due to my special 4th grader that plays it constantly and not always the right notes either.

So to solve this dilemma I have instituted the rule that she has to do it OUTSIDE! Since the weather has been crappy, she hasn't been able to go outside and it has been killing me. I don't want to squash her desire to practice it, so I try not to be a butthead about it, but really...I just can't handle it.

Anyway, you can imagine my delight when the weather was nice last week and she got to go outside to play. I couldn't pass up the chance to snap this picture of her playing while sitting on the tramp.

She is so adorable. I really do enjoy her even though she is 10 and hormonal and moody and all that. :]

6 comments:

Pam said...

Oh I am soooo with you on the recorder thing. My girls got a mini recorder thingy from their school fair this weekend, and I felt like I was going insane. I told them that if they played the thingys inside I would throw them away. Knowing that they would forget my warning made it comforting to know I would not have to live with the added noise for long :) They are now somewhere in trash heaven :)

Sbankhead said...

Oh so your the parent that tells their child they can't practice at home! I have so many students tell me that their moms won't let them practice!! Glad to know one now!! haha

Ronna said...

Oh, I can totally relate! Our recorder days are past, but the tap--tap--tapping of the wannabe drummers in Guitar Hero, just about drive me bonkers! Add to that, it's my 20-year-old who's made it his purpose in life to do absolutely NOTHING! But be home and drive his mother insane! I love him....but I don't know how much more I can take....

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I hate the recorder. My 5th grader loves it. I make him go outside too.

Trulee said...

You mean Mom, You. ha ha ha ha. I'm so glad the recorder had to be used as a prop for a project my other son was doing at school. It is GONE! Away! Supporting a 6th grader's desire to be a minstrel! and no more shall my 4th grader play it! How many ways have you considered "losing" the recorder?

Anonymous said...

They have to buy one in Buhl and do recorder karate...is that a requirement everywhere? Kayla's my last, so I don't have to go through it again after this! :)