August 18, 2009

Our trip to Washington DC

We had so much fun!!! Here are some of the pictures of our fun time:

Hey dum dum, you give me gum gum. haha! This is the Easter Island statue from the Natural History Museum.
This one is for my mom. Look, they use organic solvent. This is the only dry-cleaners I saw.
The Capitol at night. This isn't the best shot, but I liked how the trees were in front of it.
At the Air and Space Museum, there was this thermo-scan thing. If you stood in the right spot it would register the heat in your body and then you could see it up on a monitor. It was so cool! This is our whole group. I am the one with the camera.
The headstones at Arlington National Cemetery.
My favorite thing was seeing all these small brick homes/buildings stuck right in between the big taller ones.
Mike in the Rotunda at the National Archives, which is the building where the Constitution is on display.
The Constitution of the United States of America. It was so awesome to see this. You couldn't use your flash at all or they would kick you out. Seriously. The writing is so faded on it.
The Capitol Building.
Mike in front of the words "Freedom is not free" at the Korean War Memorial.
Mike in front of Ford's Theatre where Lincoln was assassinated.

Me trying to be all tricky. I was standing at the Lincoln Monument and the Washington Monument was on the other end.
Mike and I by the sign at Arlington.
At the White House. This is as close as you can get unless you get lucky enough to take a tour, which we did not. Bummer, but that is okay.

1 comment:

Eve said...

good pictures! thanks for sharing them. I loved the cleaners picture. What's organic solvent?