August 11, 2010

First Day of School! First Day of School!!


The first day of a new school year is always bittersweet for me....bitter because it means the kids are getting older and bigger and having more experiences...sweet because it means they get a break from me and I get a break from them! THis year was no different. This year I sent Jonathan off as a 1st grader-officially he would be away from me alllll day long. He is a mama's boy...in a good way,meaning that he likes to hang out with me, not that he is sissy. Anyway, it's just me and Sidney at home all day long now. WHich is kinda sorta fun! One kid is completely do-able. Now I get why people only have one! I still like having lots though, but I have discovered that I am a pretty great parent to just one kid at a time. :)


Mr. 1st grader...A.K.A. Big Man on Campus


Jenny loves the social aspect of school...she is already scoping out who she can talk to!


Rachel was just happy to be there...until she came home at the end of the day and said, "Mom, did you see that I was BOY-TRAPPED?" hahahaha


Meghan was trying to sit down as fast as possible so that I would leave and no one would notice that I was there taking pictures of her! Fat chance sweetie!!!

2 comments:

Ronna said...

Ha Ha Ha -- "Boy trapped" I love it! As I've been thinking about that, I've come to realize it's a great description of my entire life! "Boy Trapped"! Thanks Rachel for helping me figure it out -- but I must admit -- I've loved every minute! Even at school!

Ronda said...

I am so bummed that I forgot to take "first day of school" photos this year. I thought about doing it the second day, but it just wasn't the same. My mind is apparently very distracted these days. I can't believe I forgot!!!