October 7, 2010

it's always an adventure at the Sperry house

I swear.

Actually sometimes I really do swear, but I also swear, as in promise, that my life is insane!

I had to go with our YW on an overnighter that we had planned. Don't get me wrong...I wanted to go because I love the YW and it was an excuse to leave the crazy place known as home, but it was complicated. We needed 2 priesthood holders to go and couldn't find any and so I needed Mike to go. Which meant I had to get a babysitter to stay overnight with the crazies. We have the BEST babysitter in the world.

Literally.

I had no fears that she would handle everything with style and ease.

Unlike spastic stressed out ME.

Oh well, we can't win them all.

Anyway, I get a text from our babysitter around bedtime in which she informs me that Jonathan had lost his tooth.

The same tooth that I had begged him to pull out all week long so that it WOULDN'T come out while I was gone.

I know what you're thinking...Jana, it's NOT that big a deal. The tooth fairy leaves some money, the kid is happy, the end.

HA!

At our house, the tooth fairy leaves a book. See she is this weird tooth fairy that likes to promote good things like reading. Lame right? Whatever. Anyway, the tooth fairy did not have a stock of books appropriate for little boys. Oopsy.

So, our awesome babysitter called her big sister who went to Walmart and called me and found a book and asked me if it was a good one and brought it to the babysitter who filled in for the absent (minded) tooth fairy and saved the day!

Yay for wonderful babysitters!!


and welcome to my life. Stuff like this happens everyday. It's crazy-ville!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

You crack me up! I ♥ you!!!