Warning: If you don't like small amounts of blood in pictures then don't read this post....
So cute Meghan has this mole. This very BIG mole. It has always concerned me with its size (it is as big as a dime), but a couple of months ago Meghan snagged it with her fingernail and it bled like crazy. It is right above where her bra strap sits and I knew that it bugged her. I took her to our awesome family doctor and he said he would be able to cut it out but that it would leave a small scar. Meghan wasn't worried about that since she dresses modestly and the only time it could ever show would be when she has a swimsuit on.
here is the big mole
he had to cut it out in a football shape so that the edges could go together more smoothly when he stitched it up and it wouldn't pucker so badly
cauterizing to stop the bleeding (it started to get a little heavy for a minute).....ignore the bra....I didn't mean to get it in the picture...I'm just glad it was a clean one!
starting to stitch her up- he did internal stitches that would dissolve on their own within 60 days and then 11 external stitches that got taken out after 10 days





No comments:
Post a Comment