September 17, 2011

Look out World! He's 8!

 One of Jonathan's favorite shows is Phineas and Ferb, so it was a no-brainer for me of what the theme should be for his upcoming birthday party.

 Part of the fun of planning a party is planning the cake.  I looked and looked and looked for a Perry the Platypus cake that I would be capable of making.  Let me tell you....there are some very talented people out there that can make some deluxe cakes!  Not me though.  I need to keep it simple.  I finally found a design that I knew I could achieve.


Jonathan doing his best Perry pose

 When the kids arrived, I put them to work coloring pictures of Perry, Phineas and Ferb, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz.  Then we played pin the tail on Perry.
Jonathan did pretty well

As did most of the kids....but Sidney?  ha ha... not so much!



Then we grabbed Jonathan's legos and all the kids got to work making "Inators" that would put Dr. Doofenshmirtz to shame.


We had the "Flying-car-inator", the "Gun-inator", the "Gas-inator", the "Find-Atlantis-inator" and more...

but the best would have to be Sidney's "Pig-and-Dog-inator" (and yes, she did name it herself)

Make a wish!

What a bunch of sillies!  Love these kids!

No comments: