Some parents read books to their kids at bedtime. Not me. I don't do normal. Apparently.
Jonathan and I started this fun thing a year or more ago. I say,"what do you tell Mommy"?
He says,"I love you 24-5-67". And then I top it by saying a "bigger number" than his. So I say, " I love you 65-9-88", or something like that. Like I said, we have been doing this for a while and he has never really said anything when my number has been weird or anything. Like he is one to talk anyway.
Buuuuut, tonight was different. Here is how it went:
Me: I love you bubba.
Jonathan: I love you 50-80.
Me: Well, I love you 60-80.
BIG PAUSE......
Jonathan: That's a lot Mom!
Me: Yep. A lot.
Jonathan: Good.
These are the moments that make being a mom all rewarding and sweet and hallmark greeting card-like.
December 10, 2007
That's a lot Mom!
from Pezlady Jana at 8:38 PM
Labels: conversations with kids, Jonathan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Ha ha ha! That's great.
Hey Taj & I play the same game!! His fave # is 64.
That's a cute thing to do together!
Oh that's wonderful! =) =)
My Brandi and I do a variation on this- we play it this way
I love you bigger than a car, I love you bigger than.... until someone loves the other bigger than infinity.
Gotta love it.
You are such a good mom. Don't worry about being "normal" NO ONE is! I love your love game with your little boy!
Post a Comment