Well folks, here it is. My 100th post with 100 random facts about me. It'll be a best-seller, I'm sure. (snicker snicker)
1. Okay, first of all, some of you think my name is Pezlady. HA! Actually it is Jana.
2. My maiden name is Cole and when I was younger my dad would joke and say that we were related to Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole. Clearly, we are not.
3. I grew up in a small farming town. Everyone there knows my name. Kind of like on "Cheers", only not as great.
4. I vowed that I would NOT marry a farmer.
5. I didn't. Mike is an Engineer.
6. There are six kids in my family. Five girls and one boy.
7. My husband and I have 5 kids. Four girls and one boy.
8. There seems to be a trend there.
9. My graduating class was 93 kids.
10. I graduated in 1993.
11. Funny, huh?
12. I went to Ricks College (now BYU-Idaho).
13. And graduated with a degree in Home Economics.
14. I went on a mission for the LDS church to Brazil.
15. And LOVED it!
16. I met my husband two weeks after I got home. It then took him another 8 months to get up the courage to ask me on a date. Then it took only 4 months for us to get engaged, and 11 weeks later we were married.
17. In the Bountiful LDS Temple.
18. In March, we will have been married for 9 years.
19. Our oldest child is 9 years old.
20. HA HA, figure that one out!!
21. I love food.
22. Especially sweets.
23. And chocolate,
24. and cheescake.
25. My all-time favorite candies are skittles. The sour ones. Especially blue-raspberry. YUM!
26. I could eat pizza for dinner every night.
27. Brownies are my favorite way to eat chocolate.
28. When I was pregnant with Jonathan, I craved milk. Lots and lots of milk. Not skim milk either. It had to be 2% or whole.
29. When I was pregnant with Sidney, milk made my stomach hurt.
30. Oh yeah, I have only been pregnant 3 times. I have birthed 2 children and I had a tubal pregnancy that ruptured.
31. BUT.....I have 5 kids, and none of them are twins. Hmmmmmmm
32. Top 5 Favorite movies are: Legally Blonde, Some Kind of Wonderful, Pride & Prejudice (with Colin Firth), Cinderella, Cars.
33. I love Disney movies. Probably because I "get" to watch them so much with my kids and I end up memorizing them.
34. I have pulled over 3 times by a policeman. Twice for issues with my car (piece of junk I drove in High School- brake lights kept shorting out), and once for running a stop sign.
35. I sleep on my right side.
36. Mike says I snore, but I think it is just the echoes from his own snoring that he hears.
37. I can cope with life really well if I have had 8-10 hours of sleep at night.
38. I usually get about 6.
39. That should tell you how well I cope on an average day.
40. I have been to 14 of the 50 states.
41. They are: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wyoming....and also to Washington D.C.
42. I have been in 6 different countries.
43. United States, Mexico, Brazil, Uruguay, Ukraine, and Poland.
44. I am a real world traveler, eh?
45. My first kiss was when I was....hold on to your pants.....22 years old!
46. Okay, I am not even halfway done yet and I am running out of things to write. YIKES!
47. I know all the words to "We built this city" by Starship. I remember watching them perform on some show and my sister Amy and I thought it was the best song ever! I think that dates me a little....
48. Cars I have owned: Fiat 124S , Mercury Topaz, Chevy Corsica, Ford Taurus, Ford Windstar, and Ford Expedition.
49. I got a D- in College Algebra the first time I took it and the second time I got a B+. I guess "practice makes perfect" (or at least it makes "better").
50. My nickname is Jax. I know, you all thought it would be Jana Banana or some such nonsense. Nope. It is Jax. And about the only person who still calls me that from time to time is my sister Marni. Funny thing too, I don't even know the origin of the nickname.
Halfway there.................
51. The first concert I ever went to was the Beach Boys in Boise, ID when I was 13 years old.
52. When I was a kid, we owned the ORIGINAL "Chipmunks Christmas" album. We played it all Christmas season long on the record player. My kids think I am pretty cool because I bought the CD version of it this year for them and I already know all the words to the songs.
53. I used to watch the Rosie O'Donnell show everyday until she got too political. Then I stopped. I never watched The View the whole time she was on there.
54. I am a closet "All My Children" watcher. (except you all know, so I guess I am out of the closet now!)
55. I have never gambled.
56. I have been to casinos though.
57. Growing up we lived one hour away from Jackpot, Nevada. It was pretty easy to get to a casino if I wanted to.
58. My favorite color is blue.
59. I love to sew.
60. I made us all matching jammies for Christmas.
61. The last book I read was "Alice's Tulips" by Sandra Dallas. Thanks to Holly for the review on it. It was a great book and I really enjoyed it.
62. The last movie I watched was "Meet the Robinsons".
63. I do not manage the checkbook. My husband does. I DO, however, manage the spending of the money. :)
64. I have been inside 11 LDS Temples. Bountiful Utah, Ogden Utah, SanDiego California, Idaho Falls Idaho, Boise Idaho, Washington D.C., Las Vegas Nevada, St. George Utah, Salt Lake City Utah, Provo Utah, and Manti Utah. That's nothing considering there are 124 of them!
65. I had pneumonia when I was five years old and I was in the hospital for 2 weeks.
66. I broke my arm the last week of school of First grade and had a cast on all summer long.
67. I had my tonsils out when I was 26 years old.
68. Christmas is my favorite holiday. Halloween is my second favorite.
69. Connie and Darrell O. are my favorite aunt and uncle. I lived with them after I came home from my mission while going to school and while engaged to Mike. They really became like second parents to me.
70. I have 2 Sudoku books and if I even get through the first one it will be a miracle.
71. I was the JV and Varsity Boys Basketball Statistician all 4 years of High School.
72. Basketball is probably my favorite sport to watch. I'm sure it's because its the only one I truly understand.
73. I celebrated my 28th birthday eating dinner at a buffet in Cherkassy, Ukraine.
74. We met our girls on April Fool's Day in 2003.
75. I have known my best friend Deanne for 28 years; Amber for 19 years; and Shannon for 8 years.
76. I had to visa-wait in Nashville Tennessee for 2 months before being able to go to Brazil to complete the rest of myLDS mission. Our area covered downtown Nashville, Vanderbilt University, and a large section of low-income project housing.
77. We went on a tour of Sony Music Studios and the tour guide gave us some free CD's (which I couldn't listen to until I got home) and I remember him telling us that Leann Rimes was "up and coming".
78. I stole chalk from the classroom when I was in Kindergarten. My mom wrapped it up and told me to take it back to school the next day and tell the teacher what I had done. I didn't want to so I threw the wrapped up chalk into the big bushes that grew in front of our house. I promptly forgot all about it. The summer that I was 9, my mom and dad were trimming those darn bushes and my mom found the package of chalk. I will never forget that moment.
79. I scored a 24 on my ACT's and I thought I was so smart until my best friend Deanne showed me her score and she had gotten a perfect 32.
80. Besides pez dispensers, I also collect Snowmen, and keychains. I have like 30 keychains. Mike gets me one almost everytime he goes on a business trip.
81. I whistle by breathing in. So do most of my kids.
82. I sing soprano, but not very well.
83. Too bad because I love to sing.
84. Especially with the radio. Really loud.
85. I speak English, Portuguese and some Spanish.
86. I have not had a cavity since I was 14.
87. In High School I used to ditch school (with my sister Amy) and we would forge our mom's signature on the excuse notes.
88. My love languages are gifts and quality time.
89. The very first movie I ever saw at a theater was "E.T.".
90. I can't dance.
91. I showed a pig for the County Fair when I was 9 years old. My dentist bought it at the auction and for years after would mention to me what good bacon it was.
92. I cross-stitch pictures of Victorian-era ladies and the person who most appreciates them is my mother-in-law. She has four that I have done for her.
93. I am about 4 inches taller than all my sisters.
94. Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth.
95. I don't sleep well when my husband travels.
96. I really like cafeteria style food. Just not if I have to eat it every day.
97. Meghan told me to write that I "am pretty".
98. Rachel told me to write that I "am the best". At what, I am not sure.
99. Jenny told me to write that I "am sweet".
100. Jonathan said "I love mommy".
THE END
***Don't ever ask me to do that again, because that sucked!
January 2, 2008
100 things about me that will bore you to tears.....
from Pezlady Jana at 1:45 PM
Labels: about me, random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Fun facts!
I love Colin Firth's Pride and Prejudice. I have an awesome homemade brownie recipe that I will send you. You'll never want boxed brownies again... I know all the words to "We Built This City" too. You're welcome for the review, I'm glad you liked "Alice's Tulips" too. Hey, I whistle by breathing in too. I can't do it any other way. I forged my dad's signature in high school because his was easier.
I knew we were kindred spirits! (And, I know where Buhl is...)
I remember watching Starship sing We built the city on Kids Incorparated with the kids. I am know the biggeest geek ever and yes I know all the words too. So many fun things about you!!! You rock thanks for counting me as a best friend Love ya tons
My friends and I lip sinced to "We Built This City" at our Jr. High talent show when we were in the 6th grade. I was the drummer. We didn't win. Probably because we weren't any good, but it was fun. ~Ronda
Heheh. Your and my first kiss was with the same guy...ugh, regrets. Loved the blog, lady. PS, I noticed TX is not on your list of states you've visited. You've always got a bed at the Seal home. :-)
That did NOT SUCK! That was incredible!(picture Incredibles the Disney movie and Bomb Voyage saying that with his French accent) I could never have done that, first of all I am not that exciting, and even if I was I wouldn't have remembered it all. I loved the one about your pig and your dentist at the fair. I laughed OUT LOUD! I loved it all! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
Laura
Post a Comment