Today is April 2,2008. Five years ago it was April 2, 2003 and Mike and I were anxiously awaiting word from our facilitators regarding the little girls whose referral we had accepted and when we could travel to visit them.
From my journal:
"We went to the Internet cafe this morning and emailed everyone regarding the latest developments. Then we came back to the flat and watched a movie until around lunchtime. We hadn't heard from Lena or Sergei yet, so we walked over to the office to see what, if anything, was happening. Lena was there and she explained that our paperwork would not be able to be processed completely until the end of the day, so we wouldn't be leaving until later or even tomorrow. It was disappointing news, but at least it was news.
We decided to try out the pizza place near the flat for lunch. We ordered a pizza each thinking that they would be small and they turned out to be large, so we had enough for dinner too! Sergei stopped by later and we shared some pizza with him. He is a nice guy and will travel with us to the region where the girls' orphanage is. I just wish he didn't smoke so much."
*Just for information's sake...Lena was our facilitator (or paperwork processor person), and Sergei was our translator. The "agency" we used was Sense Resource Center. They were extremely helpful and as far as we know, very honest. If you are interested, their website is: www.adopt-sense.com.
April 2, 2008
Adoption Journey story part #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I can't wait to hear more... we have some friends that have been trying to adopt for awhile... maybe I will send them the link!!
The first time I saw your daughters I didn't know they were adopted. They look like the are half you and half Mike. Jonathan looks just like Jenny. Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Fathers plans really work themselves out if we are willing to take a leap of faith. They are so lucky to have you for a mom.
Post a Comment