April 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

We take a break from our regularly scheduled posts about the adoption adventure to celebrate me!! Why? Because it's my blog and I CAN! hee hee
This is me (left) and my sister Amy on our birthdays. Her bday is the 4th and mine is the 5th, so my mom almost always made us share a cake! I was turning two and she was turning four.




This is me with my cake in 1984. I was turning 9. And wow! I actually got my own cake that year!!

I went out with my BFF last night for a "date". Ha Ha, that is what I told my kids. It really was a girls night out. (If you listen to Hannah Montana at your house like we do here, then just insert me singing, 'Let's Go with G.N.O.' right there)

Then we went shopping at Ross and I got some new clothes for my New York trip! My kids surprised me this morning with cards that they had each colored for me while I was gone last night. It was awesome!!

6 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to a-wonderful-blogger-who-is-so-beautiful!!!!!!
happy birthday to you!!!
Sounds like you had a great evening!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday! I love your blog. I'm so into your adoption story but this a great reason to interrupt. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Ally said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! :) (A little late, sorry)

Uh, I'm so bummed you had to share a birthday cake. My birthday is about a week after Christmas (and my sister's is 22 days later than mine, and my other sister's is before Thanksgiving), and we all got our birthdays lumped into Christmas for the longest time.

I understand. Times were tough back then. But still....

Oh whatever! Happy Birthday!!! ;)

Melissa said...

Happy late birthday!! I didn't blog over the weekend and I missed it! Hope you had a great day...
Hurrah for a girls night out!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lady. I am addicted to your blog. I love to read blogs of OLDER more mature women. If only I can be like you!!! HA -HA

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad that it was good. When do you leave for nY?
So excited for you!!!!