May 1, 2009

You scream, I scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM

Thanks again to Claudia (the awesome mom in my neighborhood that is very motivated), we got to gather the group of kids all off track still and go to the Smith's Warehouse and tour the Ice Cream plant. It was great fun! We were able to see the ice cream going into the cartons and sqrounds (that's the square round oval shaped cartons of ice cream) and then get packaged and taken to the freezer. We saw them making popsicles and packaging them too. I know that my kids really enjoyed it and I think the others did too. After that, we got to tour the dairy plant and see where they make cottage cheese and yogurt, plus where they bottle the milk at. Very interesting stuff. Look for Plant # 49-70 on your milk because that is milk processed right here in Layton. The guy said that it is sent to all over the western states from this one plant. AND....all milk is the SAME, it just gets different labels put on it for the different stores and brands. So, I will totally be buying the cheap milk from now on. Since it's the same and all! Oh yeah, and we all got a coupon for a free pint of ice cream. We already picked ours up and I confess, I ate mine last night. So yummy! And FREE!

***The picture is all the kids with Joe who was our tour guide.***

2 comments:

Dave said...

WOW, have you been busy. You have Ice Cream, Wicked, and Bread all in the past few weeks, what a wealth of information you are becoming.
That is really cool I think. Every time we drive to SLC I keep saying we need to stop at the museum at Hill, but we always seem to busy. One of these days I'll get a round tuit

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Was there a required number for the tour? The sweet candy factory does the same thing and it is also fun. We went in the summer and they were making halloween candy.