August 8, 2010

St. Louis and Nauvoo

This year marks the 3rd year in a row that Mike and I have been able to take a trip somewhere together just the TWO of us! He had a scheduled trip to St. Louis and since it would be his last ever work trip to there, we decided to take advantage of it. I flew out there a day after him. We spent one day in St. Louis seeing the sights (there isn't much)...we went to the St. Louis temple and did a session there, we went to a yummy barbecue place that my chiropractor (who went to Chiropractic school in St. Louis...) told me about- it was DELICIOUS!! Then we rode the lightrail to the Arch and toured it. Did I mention that we did all this on a day that they had a HEAT warning in effect because it was 115! Holy crud- it was so hot!!


teensy little Mike in front of the St. Louis Temple



Then we drove to Keokuk, Iowa where we would stay for the next two nights while we partied during the days in Nauvoo.

Nauvoo was Amazing!! To be where the pioneers lived and toiled and were persecuted simply made me so much more thankful for what I have. I don't have mobs coming into my home and threatening me. I don't have to struggle to make ends meet. I am so blessed. And the Temple was just absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I have been in many temples, but I must say that I believe the Nauvoo Temple is the prettiest by far.

We also toured all the old homes and buildings and loved learning new things about life in the 1800's.


Mike fancied himself a "schoolteacher" and was learning me my letters.


Mike and I in front of the Nauvoo Temple

We ended our trip by driving up to Carthage, Illinois and going through the Carthage Jail. What a touching experience. Words can not even describe what I felt there. I know that my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith was strengthened even more by what I saw and felt. How could I doubt?

We had fun and I can't help but wonder....Where will we go next year? :)

1 comment:

Sbankhead said...

Love the pics so fun!!! I hate that you never show up on my blog roll when you have updated! rawr! Love ya hope your feeling better!