Why is there always some adventure happening at my house?
Let me explain...the kids were out delivering bags for Scouting For Food to houses in our neighborhood and I told them to take the dog and walk him while they were at it. Mike came home and got his running clothes on and left for his run. I left a few minutes later to go to the church and pick up Jenny from activity days. When I got home about 10 minutes later, Mike and the kids were in the house hysterically crying while the neighbor was just leaving our house looking very forlorn. I wondered what had happened and soon found out as Mike told me the story. He was out running on the trail and felt weird like he just shouldn't be running and he thought it was because it had been a few days and he was tired and not really in the mood, so he turned around and came home. Once he arrived back at the house, he saw the kids on the sidewalk and told them to get home and he went down the street a couple of houses and was helping Sidney get her scooter to bring home. He heard horrible screaming and turned around to see Meghan trying to fight off the neighbor's German Shepherd that had our little dog Yoda in his mouth and was whipping him around and around. He ran back and was kicking and hitting all he could to get the dog to let go. He finally did about the same time that Jonathan got the neighbor around to the front of the house to get the dog. All the kids were visibly shaken up and scared spitless. As soon as Yoda was let go, he ran on home and into the garage. He was limping and had soiled himself. Mike herded them all into the house and that is when Jenny and I arrived. I helped as best as I could to calm kids down and dry their tears. Then I picked up our sweet little dog and felt all over and tried to see where he might be hurt. He was all wet from the other dog's slobber, but not blood, except his eye where the bottom lid was ripped. I decided to take him to the vet to see if any damage had been done. The vet was great and gave him an antibiotic shot and gave us pain pills for him. He had to shave Yoda's back end to see where he might be hurt and how bad. The skin was almost broke through in several places, but luckily our furry little dog saved himself by simply being furry. Who knew that would come in handy?? His eye was likely just ripped from the other dog's claw and the vet felt like he would recover just fine.
The crazy thing is that while our neighbor's dog is a German Shepherd, he is really a very nice dog. The kids have all played with him and he has never done this before. The vet said it likely happened because Spring is in the air and both dogs are males and are not neutered. It's too bad though. Our neighbors are so sad and worried that we will be mad at them. Which we aren't. We understand and are not grudge holders. Yoda will be fine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment