**DISCLAIMER: this post contains pictures of an owie and some blood. So beware!**
Today was such a busy day. I am trying to get all these things done so that I can scoot out of town and visit my mom and sisters for our Annual Sisters Weekend...so lots of running around has been going on. I had to register Sidney for kindergarten, take Rachel all the way to Ogden for her orthodontist check up in addition to having my kiddos off track and entertaining them. Thank heavens that Mike planned a delicious dinner and got it mostly prepared so not much had to be done preparing it tonight. Mike had warts burned on his feet yesterday and he can hardly walk. Ouch.
So anyway, I was sitting down by Mike after dinner and we were talking about our days...basically taking a second to breathe...as I was lancing the blister now covering his warts and all of the sudden we hear from the kitchen where the kids were cleaning up that Rachel had tried to take the lid off of the can of olives and had cut her finger. We told her to apply some pressure and just give it a second. She wasn't crying so I didn't think it could have been that bad.
It was.
After about a half an hour I checked it and it was still gushing. I knew she needed stitches. Mike was in no condition to drive, so I was gonna have to skip mutual to take her to Urgent Care. Not the ideal end for the day, but that's what happens when you have kids.
 |
| right there on her thumb. ouch. |
 |
| waiting for it to get numb so she can get stitches. she's smiling now.....just wait... |
 |
| Stitching her up! She got 2 stitches and now thinks she is fantastic. silly, silly girl! |
No comments:
Post a Comment