January 26, 2008

Gray hairs and vital info

Hey everybody! Well, I have to tell you all that today was a crap-ola day for me as I discovered ANOTHER STINKIN' GRAY HAIR! It's like my fifth one in two months. I'm noticing this may be a trend.

Her Royal Highness asked me for a little more info about the Word Jail. It is designed so that the fine charged for saying the offending word is placed into the money jar from which we draw out the coins and such to pay for chores done around the house. HOWEVER, lately we have been forgetting to charge the fines. It's okay though because my kids are getting better and hardly ever say the word jail words anymore. In fact, I think that I say them (like hell and shut-up, for example) more than anyone. But since I am the mom, I don't have to pay the fines. Isn't it lovely how I can just make the rules to suit me. Oh yeah, it ROCKS to be mom!

5 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Preference by Loreal. It's been my best friend for about 8 years now!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE being able to make the rules!

kseal said...

What?! You don't contribute to the Word Jail fund? Have you learned nothing about being an example?! ;-) My kids are the first to notice if I use hot sauce words and they love to watch while mom gets a dose of consequence. I don't want them to think that inconsiderate speech is okay when you're a grown-up. Adults should speak the best of all age groups, so why not dole out the hot sauce (or fines) when appropriate? In the Circus, we teach our kids that they are a Seal wherever they go--best if I act like one too. Um, I'll be accepting that parent-of-the-year trophy right about now. Smooch!

Her Royal Highness said...

Thanks for clearing it up!

I have a great hair lady if you're wanting some professional help for that gray hair...

Shellie said...

Uh, I hate to burst your bubble but the gray thing just keeps getting worse. Only 5 new hairs? Please! I think i need a word jail myself!