January 17, 2008

What's in your cleaning bucket?

I cleaned a bathroom today. Yah, I know. WOOHOO! Go me! Whatever. I still have 2 more to go, plus laundry, plus vacuuming (which Mike and the kids will probably do if I wait long enough), plus sweep and mop the kitchen, etc etc etc.

You get my point.

Cleaning the bathroom, however, got me thinking. ( Scary, right? :D )
....And I thought about the products I was using to clean and it occured to me that a few of them I can NOT live without. It just is not the same without them. That is why I stock up on them and try, try, try not to run out of them.

Problem is I couldn't think of thirteen household products that I can't live without. And it's Thursday Thirteen folks! I can't just have a couple! So I have three. That's right, three. And your job is to leave a comment with the household thingies that you can't live without and together I am sure we will come up with 13. Go us! Hee hee

Without further ado:
1. Magic Eraser. I DON'T care that there is this email going around with pictures of a little boys face and hands that were "burned" by the chemicals in the eraser. I have used these things for years with not problems and I scrub like crazy, as do my kids. AND.... these suckers get ANYTHING off of ANYTHING! BUt hey, they are magic right?

2. Kirkland ('cuz I shop at Costco) cleaning wipes. LOVE these things. I use them to wipe down any surface and just like that...it is clean! Hooray!

3. Windex. What better invention is there than this? Oh don't spoil my fun by telling me that there is a better one. Just let me think that windex is the shiznizzle of cleaning products and let me be happy. And to clarify, I am not talking about Western Family brand glass cleaner. OH NO! Only brand name WINDEX for me.

So, there are my three. What are yours? Let me know!!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot live with the Pledge Grab-It dust wipes. They will be in my hands when I croak. Love them!

Also, can't live without my Swiffer Spray Mop. Love it, LOVE IT!

(De-lurking here. Hi, everyone!) :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, meant to say cannot live 'without' the dust wipes.

(Sheesh! De-lurk and make a fool of myself! That could have gone better...)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Wipes, wipes and let me see...wipes. I have them (doesn't matter the brand, I use whatever's on sale) in every bathroom as well as the Windex Wipes. I love wipes.

(Way to make an intro Magirk!)

Sbankhead said...

Okay I love comet can't clean a bathroom without it, and I am so with you on the windex, also I love the carpet smelly powder stuff becsause I live in an old house and there is always some smell that we don't know the cause of. UMMM!! Also I love tide and the new pink, purple, blue and orange downy, don't care they all rock. And I also love the magic eraser, and mr, clean wipes.... Okay I am way too excited about all these products I need to get a life... love ya

Cecily R said...

Does the disposal count? Because I couldn't do the dishes with out the thing. I think it might be more important than the dishwasher.

If it's cleaning things you want, I say clorox. Good old fashioned bleach. Kills mold, bad smells and only the occasional t-shirt...(I have more than one shirt with bleach splatters on it)

Cecily R said...

Oh and FABRIC SOFTENER. I live for the stuff!!! Yuuuuummmyyyy!

Thayne6 said...

Cleaning--what's cleaning?!?! HAHAHA. The best thing I have is Scotch Brite disposable toliet scrubbers. They have comet (or whatever cleaner) right in the scrubber. I also use them for the shower because I don't have to reach down so far with the handle. Then I can throw them away! They are also easy for my kids to use and they don't have to worry about putting the cleaner in the toilet or tub or whatever!

I also like the wipes--pledge, windex, clorox, whatever. Anything to make my job (and my kids' jobs)easier.

--Jamie

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I agree with you on the products. But I cannot do without my Mr. Clean in the pink bottle. It gets rid of everything.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I adore Magic Erasers. We have used them for everything and they've worked every time. I want to buy stock in the company. :)

I also could not live without Febreze. Can't do it, don't try to make me. It wouldn't be pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't live without Oxy Clean...takes the grease stains from my husbands shoes out of the carpet!
Ronda :)

Laura Marchant said...

I am a huge fan of fantastic. I swear I spray my counters down at least 20 times a day.
The other regular products I have to buy are pledge (reg spray) and comet. Now that I see my list I feel so old fashion for some reason. I guess I only have 3 too.

Her Royal Highness said...

Being in the cleaning business myself, I have a self-proclaimed arsenal.
Bathroom musts: Scrubbing bubbles, windex, Clorox toilet bowl cleaner
Kitchen musts: Lysol kitchen spray, windex, Scotch Brite glass top cleaner (the absolute BEST for glass-top stoves)
Dusting musts: pledge grab it & pledge spray
Floor musts: Mr. Clean for non-wood floors, Orange glo for hardwood
And I HAVE to have my microfiber towels - one for windex & one for dusting.
Oh - one more! There are 2 vacuums that I'm torn between. Of course the Dyson. (They have a pink one now.) And I've been using one made by Kenmore & it is almost as fabulous as the Dyson. I'm torn.
Okay - I'm done. No I'm not. And a pumice stone or drywall screening for the hard water in the sinks & toilet. Works GREAT!
Really. I'm done now.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

-simple green
-vinegar
-biz

Pezlady Jana said...

You all rock! Thanks so much for your additions to my Thursday Thirteen!!!

Laura said...

I hope I can leave my 411 also!
I love for the kitchen Lyson Lemon Kitchen spray! FANTASTIC! I can't live without soft scrub with bleach to get my white sink white again and get the Kool-Aid off the counters. For the bathroom - Comet! I am surprised how many people still use that. It just works! And the Magic Eraser, I got my FIRST one this week because Emma used her crayons all over everything. I am glad you guys say they work, cause I got them!
And last but not least, OXY-CLEAN. Seriously it cleans things so well. I had MILDEW stains on some of Emma's PJ's and I just soaked them in OXY-CLEAN and water for 5 days and they cam right out! Now I use it on all stains and it works great! The bad thing is it has to soak for a while, but it works!