April 21, 2008

New York, New York!!

Oh my gosh! It was so fun! We snuck away on Wednesday. Well, we didn't really sneak, everyone knew we were going, I just didn't post it on here when I would be leaving. We had a blast! Our hotel was right on Broadway smack dab in the middle of Times Square. It was great to walk out of our hotel and into another world. Or at least for me, it was like a different world.

We saw three shows. We saw Phantom of the Opera on Wednesday, Wicked on Thursday, and Legally Blonde on Friday. So fun! My favorite was Wicked! My kids were so jealous of us, they wanted to know if we had videoed it for them. We told them that you can't do that and they are clearly disappointed. I guess when it comes to Salt Lake next year we will be taking them! We took tons of pictures! Mike told me that I was a freaky tourist because I kept taking pictures of everything! I just didn't want to miss anything that I might want to remember later...We ate yummy food. Oh yeah! We got cheesecake from Juniors Bakery which is famous for their cheesecake, and we ate lunch one day at the Popover Cafe. We went to the Manhattan Temple. It was so beautiful! I just kept thinking what a wonderful blessing for the people of New York City to have their own temple in the midst of all that hustle and bustle. Definitely a refuge from the world. The Statue of Liberty was magnificent! I absolutely loved it! I took about a bazillion pictures of and around the statue. It was a bummer that you can't go clear up into the statue anymore. I'm not sure that I would've made it anyway. Walking up the five flights of stairs just to get as high as we COULD go was enough for me. We walked everywhere! Or we took the Subway, which was super fun! The taxis left much to be desired...like SAFETY!! We made an observation that there are NO speed limit signs anywhere. So apparently, that means "go as fast as you can without killing yourself". It was crazy!
I missed my kids tons; they were constantly on my mind. I kept thinking, "Oh, Rachel would love this", or "Jonathan would think this is neato". Someday we may take them there to see the sights, but not until they are older!




8 comments:

Ally said...

Looks like a sa-weet trip. :)

Love the pictures.

And did you say.... CHEESECAKE?!

I just love New York cheesecake - I mean, cheesecake IN New York! Doesn't get any better. ;)

Glad you had a great time!

Her Royal Highness said...

FUN!!!! Oh - I've never been to NYC but have ALWAYS wanted to go. I've never heard of "Wicked" - please enlighten us (ok, me). I love Phantom! And I LO-HO-HOVE cheesecake! YUM!!!
Looks like you had a great time!
Welcome home!

Melissa said...

I'm not insanely jealous... sigh. Okay, yes I am. Hubby has basically told me that he has no desire to go somewhere like New York City. Which means I'll probably never go... I don't think I'd be brave enough to try it on my own!!

Laurie said...

what a fun trip. I've never been, now you've got me dreaming of someplace bigger than Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Oh...Wicked.. You are so "Popular". I am so jealous. It has been ten years since I've been there.( and only for 1 day). I think you have the life. Maybe I will just take myself there...seeming how Bryan goes there for work and never want to go there on vacation. That is really every girls dream vacation. I am so jealous of WICKED.

Cecily R said...

YOu have NO IDEA the kind of jealousy I am feeling right now!!! What a great experience. GREAT pics too!!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oh I want to go! You saw Phantom AND Wicked in one trip? OH that's to die for!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm jealous. How fun to get away with just your hubby. Love the pictures!