June 8, 2008

Friends are a blessing.

They totally are, you know. My best friend Deanne visited me on Saturday. This is a big deal to me because she has been my friend since we were 5 years old. Seriously, she is the first friend that I remember. Our moms carpooled us to Kindergarten together. She was with me through the rough years of junior high when I was a brat and thought I was too cool for her. She was still my friend. In high school she kept me grounded. Not "grounded", but normal. She was the one that I could watch old movies with (Sabrina, Seven Brides...., Scarlet Pimpernel), and we had the BEST personal jokes that no one else understood- "It's the Schwans man!" :) Anyway, she moved away to go to school at Purdue lots of years ago, and eventually she got married and started a family, but she always makes a point of stopping to use the potty and visit with me when she comes out west to go home and visit her folks in Idaho. I love her to death!
Our boys are 3 months apart in age. They see each other once a year and play like they are best buds and see each other every day. I love that! We miscarried a couple of years ago around the same time as each other, and then we were both pregnant again at the same time. Our baby girls are 4 months apart in age and were so cute yesterday when they were checking each other out for the first time.
Deanne's hubby is so awesome! Here is Deanne, Andre, Dallin (son), and Avery. I am so grateful for true friends. She is a soul sister, a kindred spirit, a better friend to me than I have probably been to her. I love her!

No comments: