March 18, 2011

Sometimes I pat myself on the back...

because I make something awesome!!!

I must say...having girls is fun because I can sew cutesy stuff for them. I can't do that for Jonathan. He's just so unappreciative of bows and ruffles and such. Weirdo.


Recently, at Relief Society, they had a class on sewing simple skirts. I love to make these types for my girls. I can whip one out in about 15 minutes and they love them. I usually make them longer, but I thought that shorter could be fun and especially for spring and summer. So I went to HOBBY LOBBY....that store is like a drug to me....it's bad. Anyway, got some cute coordinating materials and came home and went to town. Sidney needed a new one and I had just purchased her that adorable yellow shirt at Kohl's and I wanted more things to go with it, so I hurried up and made a skirt to match it. Then I made Rachel one because she is the birthday girl in our house this month and a new skirt would be fun. I thought they both turned out great, even though my sewing machine is on the fritz and wasn't cooperating very well.






No comments: