September 28, 2007

Fashion plates among other things


so when all else fails and I have nothing else to write, I will do what I am doing right now. What's that you ask? Well, let me tell you! I dug down into my daughter's journal jar from activity days and picked a topic to write on. So, stand back and prepared to be amazed. Maybe. But probably not.

Question: "What is the best Christmas present you ever received?"

Hmmm. I have received some pretty great presents over the years, so it is hard for me to actually pick "the best". Some presents that I have enjoyed immensely are...temple dress given to me by my parents. My husband surprises me every year with a new snowman for my collection. I remember getting a "Peaches and Cream Barbie" when I was a kid. I loved her!



Here is a picture of my sister Amy and I on Christmas morning playing with our presents. Hers was Fashion Plates (remember those), and mine was the fashion plates that you used fabric to design the clothes (I forgot the name).

In case you need further clarification on how geeky I was...I'm the one with the side pigtails and missing two front teeth. I was six years old, I think.

I blame my mom for my complete lack of coolness or cute hair or whatever. And believe me I can, since I am mostly certain that she doesn't read my blog! She'll never even know.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this walk down memory lane. I have to admit that it weirded me out!

2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

That's a cool question. I'd have to think about what my answer would be. My sisters had Fashion Plates and I will admit to playing with them a bit too...

Anonymous said...

I loved my fashion plates, but I didn't even know there was a set that came with fabric...I would have totally loved some like that!! Heck, I would probably still love some like that...maybe I should check ebay!

ttfn
melinda