November 16, 2007

give me a standing ovation

So here it is. I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. We were in Walmart the morning after the "cry at night" thing (so,yesterday morning), and Sidney grabbed my hand to chew on my finger and wouldn't you know it...she has a tooth! Anyone wanna give me the World's Worst Mom award for letting my baby cry when she was probably hurting from getting a tooth? Fine. I'll give it to myself!

In my defense, when I took her to the doctor, he asked me if she was teething and I said no. Why? Because I have been checking her like crazy! I thought that could be the problem too and so I was looking and feeling and there was no sign of a tooth eruption emminent. ARGH!

Anyway, she is good now and she slept all night last night. YAY!!! Here are some cute pictures of her getting herself stuck under our bed. That crazy baby likes to roll and roll and roll and then...get stuck! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

No worst mom awards here. How about a "You're a terrific, normal Mom" award? That sounds better.

Laura said...

Those teeth are sneaky! Don't be too hard on yourself. One day they are there and the next day they aren't. How were you to know!? You are a wonderful mom!

Leah said...

Don't stress! It happens to us all.

I didn't believe my son when he complained that his foot hurt. He's sooooo dramatic, and someone had just stepped on it, no big deal. But he kept on whining until I brought him to the doctor.

Yeah....it was BROKEN! I felt horrible. *hiding face in shame*

Keeley said...

Haha, ain't that the pits? Like when my 12 year old is squawking about some imagined hurt and I'm like "Yeah right, uh huh, like as IF" and it turns out he's fractured every bone in his body and is bleeding copiously or something. =D And you go "DANG!" and feel terribly guilty.

Oh ANN! Oh my, that must have been awful! I wrote the above paragraph before I read your post. =D

It's so hard when your children are dramatic. Especially when (pre-homeschool) they'd have a gaTRILLION stomach aches a year and so you quit believing them and send them to school no matter what...and then they throw up. Whoops.

Anyway, point is, what can you do? No-one's clairvoyant. You just kiss 'em and love 'em afterwards and they realize you're human and forget about the whole thing way before you do. =)

Keeley said...

PS. Sidney looks so cute in the photos!