Howdy ya'all! What a magical time the last 24 hours has been for me. Really. My hubby rocks the house! He is all I can think about! WOOHOO! So I bet you know what I am thankful for...
WRONG!
Just kidding! I am thankful for him. Totally. I am also thankful that after tomorrow's recognition night for Activity Days, I can take a break. AAAHHH! I have been working my butt off (and yet it is still there- weird...) making little wall hanging things that we give the girls when they turn 8 and come in to Activity Days, as well as living up to my type-a personality and obsessing over every detail of the planned night. I'm sure it will be fun and fine. I hope so. I finally finished MY poodle skirt today. Oh yeah. Did I mention that? It is a 50's themed Daddy-Daughter Date, which should be a lot of fun, but in addition to all the things I already HAD to do for the party, I promised my two girls that are in A.D. that I would make them a poodle skirt to wear. AND then I stupidly thought that I should make one for myself. So that my waist and butt can look even larger and people will be utterly astonished at the amount of FELT that was wasted just to cover said waist and butt. Oh yeah! I am a dork! I freely admit to it.
But, alas, everything is ready and it will ALL BE OVER TOMORROW! Hooray!
anyway, that's what I am thankful for today!
March 27, 2008
Thankful Thursday #7
from Pezlady Jana at 2:32 PM
Labels: about me, stressed out momma, thankful thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Excellent! What a sweet, thoughtful Husband you have. It sounds like a wonderful celebration.
And sniffles and sighs from me about the Activity Days Daddy-Daughter Date - I've always wished I could have had those with my Daddy. He was pretty busy when I was young.
You're awesome to put all the effort and thought into it. I hope it's a smash hit!! ;)
Good luck!
I'm one of those type A personalities, too! AAAGGGHHH!!!
A few years ago we had a "Happy Days" theme for girl's camp, and I made matchy-matchy poodle skirts for me and my daughter. It was a pain, but I still love those skirts! :)
I would like a picture of the skirt. It sounds great. Hannah would love being in your Activity Days group for sure!
Jamie
Hurrah for the Poodle skirts! I saw a lady at JoAnn's the other day buying fabric and a pattern for poodle skirts... was it you? :)
Pictures please!!! The poodle skirt sounds adorable!
I'm excited for when Gracie and Jon get to do the whole Daddy/Daughter Date thing!!
You'd better take pictures of that Poodle skirt!!!!! I wanna see!
Okay - so it's Amy Young from old Silver Lakes ward here. I have to say, I am not a blogger. But Cecily R. is one of my best friends from High school. I was reading her blog and checking out others from her site and came to a family that I totally recognized!! Your baby is adorable - I can't believe how your family has grown in the past few years! We sure do miss you guys over here in the Bluff Ridge ward. You have a fabulous anniversary trip in NYC!!!
Holy cow! You all really want to see the skirt? I'm warning you...it's not pretty!
M'kay, I will post some form of the pics to appease the masses.
And holy cow! Small world that a good friend saw my blog by visiting her friend's blog! Whatd'ya make of that???
Thanks for visiting Amy!! :)
Post a Comment