May 31, 2008

Rainbow clouds and believing the impossible

Last week I received an email from my mom. It was one that she forwarded to lots of people of a picture. The picture was of this weird weather phenomenon where there is a rainbow in a cloud. I thought it was cool, but it looked SO fake. I totally thought that it had to be some kind of computer generated picture that some nerd cooked up just to get people to forward it all over the world.


Yeah. That's what I thought.


Until today when we were outside doing yardwork and I looked up and saw that very awesome thing in the sky right in front of my eyes! It was so cool and my kids loved it! The cloud was one of those cirrus (I think that is right) clouds that looks like stretched out cotton. It proceeded to stretch and stretch over the course of 45 minutes until it was just gone, but it was magnificent while it was doing it.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! I love those pictures. I've never seen anything like that either. I guess I'll have to an eye on the sky more often.

Jodi said...

I saw something similiar in my town just last week! It was amazing! This brillliant rainbow peering behind these dark clouds! WOW!

Melissa said...

I have never seen that! So beautiful! What a great thing for you and your kids to get to see!