May 13, 2008

Obsessed and loving it

I have OCD. I admit it. At least I am not in denial. I fully embrace the fact that I do obsess about things and OVER do it with other things. Whatever. There are freakier things I could be. And you all KNOW what I am talking about!


I love crafts. Sometimes I get so hooked on a new craft that it is the only thing I do for DAYS on end. Oh yeah. I am SOOOOO not kidding. Just ask my husband. I do the same thing with fun computer games, and well, blogging.

Ahem.

Anyway, my friend Shannon showed me this new fun craft the other day that she has also been obsessing on. I love it! I made one today for Jenny's teacher as a gift for being a great teacher. It took me about 2 hours. So easy.
Here's the pictures.

So, here's what you do....

You go to Roberts or Ben Frankin and buy these little metal container things that they sell in different shapes and sizes. I chose this lunchbox style. Then you cover it with either scrapbook paper or in this case, cardstock. Next, you put stickers and letters on it and modge-podge over the entire thing. This makes it all adhere really well and gives it a great glossy coating. The last step is putting ribbons on the handle. I think it turned out CUTE! It is so much fun!

Tomorrow I am making one for Rachel. And the day after that I am making one for Jonathan. And the day after that......

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to see the other ones you do!
I need to start thinking of gifts... my problem is the aides and therapists and specialists that work with Little Bug... it makes doing big gifts a rather time consuming project :S

Unknown said...

Huh, looks a little too fancy for me.

By the way, Our next Blogging Babe get together will be:

Saturday ∙ May 17, 2008
11:00 a.m.

Golden Corral
Orem

Sorry, I've been so preoccupied with Alvin's surgery and recovery I forgot to plan anything. So let's meet at Golden Corral at 11:00, rather than 10:00. We'll get our usual room and just get together and visit. It'll be great to see you all!

See you Saturday.

Cecily R said...

That is SO cute!!! I've been thinking about teacher appreciation gifts and that just may be what I end up doing!! Thanks!

Ally said...

I think it looks fabulous! Good job. ;)