Meghan was in 3rd grade last year and apparently as part of the curriculum, a cabbage is sent home with each kid for them to take care of and grow. Not just any cabbage either. A GIANT cabbage. Because why? That's frankly what I want to know.
Regardless of the why, we of course got sucked into this little experiment. Meghan babied her little cabbage plant in our house until we could transplant it to our garden. I was secretly hoping it would die from the shock of being transplanted. Unfortunately, it is super hardy too! Anyway, by the end of the school year, just Meghan's cabbage and one other child's were still alive and well. And then when Meghan came home on the last day of school she reported that she was the only one left in her class that still had a cabbage. Oh well then, hooray for us. *sigh*
I am trying to be a good sport about this and give my child this "wonderful" opportunity to do something amazing. But at the same time, my brain is yelling at me..."What the HE** are you going to do with a a50 pound head of cabbage?"
Anyway, enjoy the picture of Meghan and her cabbage. It just keeps growing and growing and .... someday, she will wake up and in the night the cabbage thieves will have come and absconded her cabbage. (Or at least I HOPE they will) Bummer.
July 24, 2008
Meghan and the Giant cabbage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Do you have a county fair? You can enter it into the fair and perhaps she would win a prize! :D
Great Photos! LOVE EM!
Really, seriously, let's get together. I promise to call soon....been a little busy traveling.
see ya soon!
Post a Comment