October 30, 2008

face painting gone wrong.

Last night was the Halloween Carnival at our church. The Young Men and Young Women put it on every year and it is tons of fun! The kids all get to put their costumes on and play all sorts of arcade/carnival style games to win candy prizes. One of the favorite stops to make is the face painting table. EVERYONE always wants some doodad painted on their face. Last night was no exception.

Now before I go on with the rest of the story, you should know that we have the best hometeachers in the world. They are so wonderful to us and are just so fun because they fit right in with our circus. That said, they are HUGE University of Utah fans and we are BYU fans. Kind of opposites, huh? Anyway, Bro. Thompson is always telling me that one day he is going to give my kids red U of U shirts, and he usually wears his U of U shirt when he comes to home teach us. He is funny that way!

So anyway, last night when our kids were just wandering the church doing the different activities and such, Bro. Thompson grabs Jonathan and says, "Hey, let's go get your face painted."

This is the result. (Bro. Thompson was SOOO Proud of himself when he brought Jonathan over to show his face to Mike and I. I told him he was FIRED! :] )

My son's face was an abomination! It got even funnier though because ALL these people kept coming over to Mike and I and asking us if we had seen his face and what did we think. It cracked me up! Anyway, the girls, in an effort to placate Daddy (who wasn't mad, by the way), had BYU painted alllllllllll over their faces. Too funny!



5 comments:

Leah said...

Oh, that's just too funny! Yeah, I'd have fired him too!

Thayne6 said...

Ah..the Halloween Carnival. That was the last activity we attended before we moved. We loved it. I wish our new ward did something like that!
--Jamie

Motley Mom said...

I am glad you are BYU fans with a sense of humor!!

That Girl said...

Yeah for brainwashing children to be true to the school you want!

My 4-yr-old is well versed in Cougar-ology.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Sacrilege!