Election Day! I really enjoy voting. I like knowing that if I go and vote, then my voice can be heard. If I don't vote, then I really have no reason to complain about politics. Okay, some things I can complain about still, but at least I did my part.
Syracuse had some HOT topics up for voting. For starters, we had Referendum #1 about taking away the title of CEO from our mayor and making it more a council-leadership form of government. I dislike our mayor VERY much, so of course I voted in favor of this.
Second, we also had Referendum #2, changing our liquor law for sit-down restaurants. I want some good eating here in Syracuse, so I voted in favor.
Third, there was Option #1 (County) to raise our taxes to help with transportation or whatever. All I heard was that they wanted to raise my taxes again. I said no.
Fourth, there was Referendum #1 for the state to pass vouchers for private school. I voted in favor.
You know, with all these "referendums" and things being called the same thing, I would not be surprised if people voted for one of them thinking it was another and being totally confused.
But, I VOTED! Now bring on the Presidential Elections! I'm ready!
November 6, 2007
I voted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I did not. I didn't get over there and I should have. I'm so sick of the presidential election stuff and THAT election isn't until next year, but I think it's made me tune out all election stuff.
Good for you for doing your civic duty!
hooray for voting! Louisiana actually had their voting last month. So we are done for a while. yay!
I'm curious...are you BYU alumni?? My mother-in-law, father-in-law, and my sister-in-law are all alumni, and my brother-in-law is well on his way. I was actually born in Provo, but my dad moved us to Louisiana when I was in grade school to be near family (he wanted to convert them all!). I would have loved to go to BYU...one of the profs there is from the Baton Rouge area and is in the religious studies department (my area of study). It would have rocked. Oh well, LSU was awesome too!
I'm excited to have found your blog through NaBloPoMo. Can't wait to get to know you better!
Post a Comment