July 21, 2008

We love to see the Temple!

On Saturday, we were in Idaho to go to the open house of the new Twin Falls Idaho Temple. I grew up in the small town of Buhl, about 20 minutes from Twin and I KNEW that I HAD to go see this temple! The kids were enthralled by the beauty of the temple and it was so neat. After the temple, Mike and I and our kids and my folks drove over to Shoshone Falls to see the water going over. It was supposed to be at full capacity, but I honestly have seen those falls fuller. It was kind of a disappointment, but my kids were still impressed.

Imagine the water going over the falls all the way around (left to right) the same or more as the amount going over on the left side in the above picture. That is what I remember.

We had a BBQ at my sister's house, and just generally "hung out" the rest of the time. That's what you want from a weekend vacation, right?

5 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

Wow! Great pics! You're so lucky to go to an open house, I've never been to one. And how wonderful your kids got to experience that as well!

Ally said...

Absolutely, that's what I would want from a weekend vacation. ;-)

Looks like a super fun trip, and for such a worthy cause! That temple sure is beautiful.

Melissa said...

I would love to see the Twin Falls Temple! Maybe the next time we head to Idaho I'll have to go through a session!
The last time we went to Shoshone Falls it was completely dry. Gotta love a drought year...

Brillig said...

Gorgeous photos. And what an awesome thing for you and your family! The Temple is gorgeous!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

The temple is gorgeous isn't it? And when they said the falls were at high, I was surprised. It definitely wasn't as high as it is in the spring before irrigation starts and I've seen it when it's flowing massively.

It was still pretty though, and my boys got a kick out of them too!