November 4, 2008

Broccoli for President

We went for a walk tonight again. Mike and I are kind of semi-training for a 5K that is the end of the month. Anyway, we got home and in the midst of showering the kids, the topic of the election came up. We went for early voting and took the kids with us, so they know all about it. But anyway, Jenny was telling me that someone came around to their classrooms at school today and they "pretend" voted. I said to her how cool and important I thought that was. Then Meghan walked into the bathroom and said that she voted for John McCain. "Good girl", I said, "I guess we will find out tomorrow who got the most votes". Jenny then proceeded to tell me that "one of the guys was named broccoli".

I swear I almost peed my pants I thought it was so funny.

So, here's to hoping we don't have a vegetable as the President of the United States!

6 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
here's to hoping...

Keeley said...

Hahahahaha!!!! =D =D

That's awesome. You know, I'm so depressed about the result tonight...but it will really help me to get through the next four years to visualize him as a broccoli stalk every time I see him.. =D =D

Sheshe said...

I saw you on Shannon B. page and I couldnt resist reading this one. I thonk I agree with Keely It is going to help so much picturing him as "broccoli" Haha thanks for the laugh. I was pretty u[set about finding out he won..

*Kari Lyn* said...

Ok that is hilarious! Your kids say the funniest things, I swear!

Melissa said...

That is too funny! Actually, I think broccoli would have done a pretty darn good job as president. Dark green veggies are good for you, right? :)

Nancy Face said...

That is so funny! :D

Laughter always helps, right?